Have access to your own Chief Marketing Officer
Rent-a-CMO is a great option for a business not yet ready to hire a full-time Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Marketing or VP of Marketing.
If you have a limited marketing staff, engage in DIY marketing, or want professional coaching, our Rent-a-CMO subscription service may be a perfect fit for your business.
A CMO is typically an executive-level leadership position overseeing the marketing, brand, and communications strategy for a business or organization. The salary range for a CMO is between $200,000 and $310,000 (USD), not including benefits and taxes.
For more information, use our contact form below.
Examples of how your Rent-a-CMO can help your organization:
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy that supports the organization’s strategic plan and mission.
- Development of marketing and recruiting plans and programs to drive growth.
- Enhance/manage the organization’s brand strategy, including the brand positioning, visual identity and expression, overarching story and supporting messaging, personality, and voice.
- Development and implementation of a strong brand strategy and story, aimed at improving brand awareness and reputation.
- Strengthen the organization’s brand experience among current and prospective customers, the organizations market, the media and other external audiences.
- Development of brand-level marketing channels and campaigns, including the organization’s website, social media properties, events, and paid advertising, etc.
- Development and implementation of digital strategy and technology/capability roadmap to enable a more cohesive experience for customers/audience across digital channels, including the organization’s website and social media properties, paid advertising, email, etc., supported by a reporting and analytics infrastructure to improve marketing campaign performance.
- Help drive the digital strategy and roadmap, as well as implementation of supporting marketing technology; collaboration with appropriate organization’s in-house teams.
Communication & Content Strategy
- Development and implementation of communications and content plans that deliver important brand, leadership information, and messaging to key audiences across internal, owned, and earned channels, and reinforcing the organization’s brand position and strategic plan.
- Help drive organization-wide content creation and collaboration, ensuring the delivery of high-impact, engaging brand and thought leadership stories to the correct audiences.
Operational Oversight & Collaboration
- Oversee marketing, communications, content, and/or digital team within the organization, if present.
- Set goals and objectives for any in-house marketing staff, supported by reporting and analytics infrastructure to measure performance.
- Develop, manage, and maintain the CMO budget.
- Plan, assign, and evaluate work activities for various marketing staff and team members. Establish and evaluate goals and objectives for the marketing function.
Up to 20 hours per month
$3000 (USD) per month*
Up to 30 hours per month
$4500 (USD) per month*
Up to 40 hours per month
$6000 (USD) per month*
* 10 maximum (STARTER) / 15 maximum (ENHANCED) / 20 maximum (ULTIMATE) – hours per week unless agreed upon in advance. If overnight stay required for onsite work, there will be a $400 surcharge per overnight stay on top of any travel expenses like airfare, tolls, etc. If on-site work or an on-site meeting is requested: On-site work will incur a 25%-surcharge – for every hour, 1.25 hours will be deducted from hourly allotment – and travel time to and from the on-site location will be deducted from the allotted subscription amount. Any hours above the allotted subscription hours must be agreed to and paid for in advance, and the hourly rate is set at $175.
How it Works and Terms
You select the Rent-a-CMO subscription service level and we will send you an invoice for your records, which you may pay online or via a check. Once payment is received, we will schedule a call, Zoom or in-person meeting to kick-off the service, and the subscription begins on this scheduled day. Before the beginning of each month, the up-coming month’s subscription fee is due to continue the service. Please note: A maximum 10% of unused hours may be carried over from the previous month to the new month, with the maximum carry-over being 20% above the month’s allocated subscription service hours. If the subscription is cancelled and then re-started, there is no roll-over / carry-over of unused hours.
You will be assigned your own virtual Chief Marketing Officer, along with their direct contact information.
If you wish to cancel your subscription, we will prorate any unused hours in a refund to you, except for any rolled-over hours.