Streaming TV Advertising
Advertise on one the hottest consumer and business video consumption platform categories today
CTV/OTT provides content beyond what is available from the legacy providers like cable and broadcast. Advertising includes programmatic ads, which are shown on streaming devices, consoles, gaming devices, Smart TVs, and computer/mobile.
2020 had approximately 164 million U.S. viewers accessing CTV/OTT content, and is forecasted to grow by up to 204 million by 2022. CTV/OTT household devices topped 1 billion in 2019. (Source: Choozle)
Besides the rapid growth in viewership and viewing hours, CTV/OTT provides detailed targeting and retargeting opportunities, as well as ads performance analytics. This is a highly effective advertising opportunity.
We partnered with two great OTT/C-TV advertising networks to provide you with top results.
How much should you budget for CTV advertising?
It depends on your goals and target market, but you can plan to budget anywhere from between $125k/month to $2500/month (USD), and at least a 3-6 month campaign. This does not include production costs, which can range from $5000 to $50,000+.
* You can view production cost as spread over the duration of the campaign, even though it will likely be an up-front cost. For example, if you invest in $6000 for production of video(s) for a 12-month campaign, it essentially adds just $500 per month to the campaign. If the campaign is 6-months, then that would be like adding $1000 per month to the campaign.
Learn more about the growth of Connected-TV from Google Think.
Noteworthy information about Connected-TV/OTT:
- Video advertising budgets in 2021 are split 56% on CTV vs 44% traditional TV (source – iab.com)
- 120 million viewers in the U.S. streamed YouTube on TV’s in 12/2020
- 25% of YouTube CTV viewers in the U.S. watched content almost exclusively (90%+) on their TV screens
- 75% of YouTube on TV viewers created routines around the activity
- CTV/OTT = YouTube on TV, Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, Chromecase/Google TV, Hulu, Netfilx, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
- 79% of surveyed people responded developing deeper connections when they view YouTube with others
- Traditional, linear TV is being overtaken by smart TVs and other connected devices
- 69% of survey respondents said that YouTube is TV when they view it on their televisions
- Importance of high quality production: Just 15% of respondents said TV programming must be professionally produced
View a list of streaming providers we work with here.